Thursday, April 20, 2006

Let the COuntdown Begin (Bitches)!!!

4/14 THURSDAY- still a bit blasted from last night. Taught Jiu Jitsu to some students and the frogmen…rolled a bit and did the usual Muay Thai grueler, rounds and rounds……and rounds. Thousands of legs and fists a flyin. Rapped with Royce Gracie a bit… had a great conversation…out. Was 218 after workout. Sweet. Rested in evening. Vital energy= crap.

5/15 FRIDAY!- I made it! Weighed in at 221 BABY!! Give or take. Did light, technical grappling session and explosive rowing workout (500/500/300/300 SPRINTS). I am fucking sick of the gym, dinner and flick with Elizabeth sounds awesome. And some lovin for good measure. Ate granola, and chicken cesar so far and I am fucking starving. And GR, yeah I know "dinner and movie" is so fucking suburban, kitsch, lame, non beatnik and way North American. But I love it so save it my bearded hombrelito. I am going to have a coupls FUCKING BEERS! Win or Lose, I need the brewwwwwwww!

5/20/06- Monday I didn't do squat, it felt very good. I felt like crap and was all mucucy, not good. Tuesday I did a nice hour- long mtn. bike ride with Zeb and the new neighbor Jeff. Jeff is a cool cat and I look forward to learning rock climbing from him after the fight. Wednesday back in action, did hill sprints in Berkeley hills ad nauseum. Went with Liz and I was stoked at how well she kept up, I did a nice 2-3 mile warm-up and flew up all the hills faster than shit. She was shocked by the beauty and diversity of this enchanted land that nature hath bestowed upon us….. what the fuck did I just type???

Oh, I found out that Steele, MT, GR and SuperDave are making the trek up for the fight! Likely Jason, Dave and perhaps a handful of other comrades have expressed interest as well. Not to mention Jake and Todd from the Daily Journal! Given the distance and obscurity of this event, I am very moved (in the lower G.I. region especially) by the level of support I am receiving. Kick ass friends make for kick ass carnage!!!

Thursday I taught Jiu Jitsu for Jake (he called me last night from Hawaii and asked. I gladly obliged). I then did 4 solid grappling rounds from standing and concentrated on not losing position or taking bottom. Did very well ad rolled into standup. Same Same. 3 rds shadow, 3 on pads, 60 kicks, 50 knees, some footwork and ab lab….Photo Todd (Daily Journal) was there to document the standup and my slightly improved physique…I will grab some shots from him for my blog when I can. Tonight I will hit an hour Mtn. bike ride to get my cardio and fat burning in. Damn, I feel great but great enough??? I will know in just over 2 weeks. I fell 3-4lbs behind the weight loss schedule but I can make it up. I was 218 after the workout and 222 before…. Wanted to be 217-218 by tomorrow and 213 by next Friday. If I was 22 I would be way more motivated I guess but I am not doing too bad…. Or am I?

Mental state: I dream of fighting every night, cant help it. It crosses my mind every more than sex (every 3-5 seconds!). Much like Spears and tequila. I always win in these dreams, knock on wood. I find myself not as nervous to fight as to get the process over with regardless of the outcome (Bruce Lee style). And I like beer. A lot. John Wayne, Steven Segall, Jackie Chan, James Dean, James Bond, etc- these guys don't fucking train; they show up and kick fucking ass!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Honestly, din din and a movie with hot blonde North American style doesn't sound so bad right now, and you've earnned it! We'll be there in force - just beat that guy to a pulp!!! gr

Anonymous said...

it would be a great useful in the interest of some people who yearn for to start their own resource. it is my pleasure to be an individual of those people who commented on your article . . thank you for allow a opportunities... more power and tutelary bless ..
[IMG]http://www.sedonarapidweightloss.com/weightloss-diet/34/b/happy.gif[/IMG]