Friday, April 21, 2006

4/21- FRIDAY!!!

Last night's Mtn bike ride was very cool, headed up with Zeb and Dave (DD) and pushed it HARD. I find some outdoor training essential- I always leave the sick ass forest completely centered and free of stress, both mental and physical. Ate clean (meditaranean (sp)) wrap and 4 beers. I Was supposed to indulge in one but fate dealt me a gracious blow as I happened upon an old acquantience who has just purchased a local dance club called "Groove".....he extended an invitation to check it out and we did.. to do otherwise would have been just rude!

Friday, did a technical JJ session first. I focused on a very methodical, tight strategy, the goal of which will be to never compromise position and place constant pressure on my opponent (this will sound funny as hell if I get KTFO the first minute). Then I did 6, 30 second rowing hard sprints with 30 second rest intervals.

My weight isnt dropping at the rate is should be, I was 220 dry and 218 after- a loss of one lb. Probably the huge itallian dinner a week ago and some "hops" scattered throughout the week. Anyway, ate light lunch, said what up to Liz and called it a DJ day. DJ= the Daily Journal, my unauthorized sponsor and place of employment. THEN, already starving, went for a run around the Lafayette Reservoir...logged in the 2.8ish miles in :23::16. I can run all-out faster but I focused on explosive speed/recovery- bustin ass up all the hills at full speed then slow jogging in between.

Boxing at 10:00AM is the plan for Saturday. And f*ckng starving. Need to lose some serious weight in teh next 7 days (6 lbs.) Go Fletchy.

No comments: