Tuesday, March 28, 2006

I see the light (over there)

I woke up extremely sore, stuck to the clean diet and went to the 11:30 session. I grapple 4 rounds and run into my second lucky break; James Cook, a world champion kickboxer at Fairtex is training in grappling (future MMA plans?) and aggress to train me on Tuesdays/Thursdays in Muay Thai in exchange grappling work. I did 4 warm (shadow boxing) rounds, followed by 4 rounds of pad work. I could immediately tell this guy is an expert as he immediately gears my training to my lanky body and need to learn enough to survive within 6 short weeks. I focus on the basics; stance, keeping my hands up, pivoting etc and leave this intense session with a "light at the end of the tunnel" feeling. I have a long way to go, but at least now I have a road map!

No comments: